Front Derailleur Remplumer
CNC machined adapter to use a braze-on front derailleur to the high direct mount interface. Pair with clamp-on adapters to use a road front derailleur with fat bike hubs.
In stock (can be backordered)
Remplumer (French, verb) to make fatter
Looking to use road-sized chainrings and a road front derailleur on a bike with a rear hub wider than 157mm? This is the missing piece to that puzzle. It mounts to the high direct mount interface popular for MTB front derailleurs. A braze-on front derailleur then mounts to it.
With a standard road front derailleur and a Problem Solvers direct mount adapter (or similar), the front derailleur will be optimally positioned for these chainelines. Use a "wide" front derailleur like SRAM Force AXS Wide or Shimano GRX for another 2.5mm outboard.
- Adaptor Offset 26mm: Effective chainline 58mm (160mm QR)
- Adaptor Offset 29mm: Effective chainline 61mm (170/177 rear hubs)
- Adaptor Offset 39.5mm: Effective chainline 71.5mm (190/197 rear hubs)
- Adaptor Offset 43.5mm: Effective chainline 75.5mm (the next big thing?)
- Adaptor Offset 55mm: Effective chainline 87mm
This product includes the adapter and it's fasteners only. It does not include a front derailleur or frame clamp.
In stock products ship in 1-2 business days.